PostHeaderIcon Could "Second Skin" Trigger Second Thoughts?

[youtube=transparent]

So there is another documentary out about MMORPGs and Virtual Worlds. This one apparently focuses on World of Warcraft and Second Life. View the trailer and read the review. According to this movie - it's all bad. At least, that's one I'm getting from the reviews I've read thus far.

No, I don't really have any interest in seeing it. But hey, who am I to judge, right?

Quote from the article:
"More and more, I see people exploring their wildest ideas and fantasies online, and more and more, I see some of those same ostensibly happy folks ready to tear each other to bits over the tritest slight.
"I know people who sit on message boards for hours a day playing semantic one-upsmanship, taking cheap ironic shots in some bizarro quest to pass as pseudo-intellectual on a given subject. I know others who seem to think passive-aggressive or just plain incendiary behavior in chat channels is the new Feng Shui.
"Blizzard's World of Warcraft played a role in wrecking the marriage of a relative (of course I blame the player, not the game). It may have been a major factor in delaying someone else I know a full year toward their terminal graduate degree.

"Ask any psychologist: Going online removes basic communicative cues developed over evolutionary eons. It's called the disinhibition effect, and it can be as toxic as it is liberating."

Game On Could "Second Skin" Trigger Second Thoughts About Online Gaming?
Blogged with the Flock Browser


Tags: , , , , , ,


blog comments powered by Disqus

Blackthorne™ ≠ inSL

Search This Blog

SL Grid Status