PostHeaderIcon THE END IS NIGH! (September 15th to be exact)

And the Wicked shall inherit the earth

The apocalypse is upon us!

Got another 'heads-up warning shame-on-you' email from Linden Lab. The exact same kind of email I have received before. It basically said the exact same thing. I quickly tossed it out because I rolled my eyes and sighed as I know all this stuff already. However, I should have kept the email because there were some subtle changes and differences from the last one. So, please forgive me as a paraphrase the differences between the first and now this current email that is making the rounds.



I'll underline the changed content (again, paraphrase, but only loosely. However the bolded portion is dead clear - and abridged for readability):
It has come to our attention that your parcel or classified contains adult keywords or has been categorized as Adult, but that it is located on Mature or PG rated land. [...] adult content must be moved to Zindra. The parcel or classified ad is listed below.

Please note [...] parcels or classifieds that contain adult search terms but are not located in adult land will no longer be visible in PG or Mature searches in the All tab. As soon as possible, please update your Classifieds or Show in Search listings so that the maturity level of the keywords matches the maturity level of the parcel. You will also need to choose a category other than Adult for your parcel, as this category has been replaced by the Adult maturity. This will allow your listings to show up properly in search.

This policy will be enforced beginning September 15th, 2009.



[blah, blah, blah]
---------------------------
[Name of parcel with the 'offending' description - they didn't list my classified this time, so I don't know how they list those]

- Parcel Name, Sim Name -

Regards,

Customer Support
Linden Lab

So there it is.

5Good news is at least this time they actually tell you where the 'offense' is occurring so you can evaluate and take appropriate action. And we now know the date is officially chosen and the word spreading. However, because I tossed the email, I went searching through the Linden Lab (Second Life) Knowledge Base; Help; FAQ; and Blogs for any mention of this date and that it is the day the eart... er, Second Life stands still.

None. Zip, zilch, nada as they say.

I'm not saying it's not there, I am saying that knowing what I am looking for, I was unable to find it. Perhaps a starting point for all of you who do receive these emails will be here .

So, good residents of Second Life, do ensure your bomb-shelters are well-stocked, remember: powdered milk, not liquid and be sure not to forget your proper tools as it's a real bitch to have a year's worth of canned foods and no can-opener.

art: Lovelessheart ; Lillian Shippe
blog comments powered by Disqus