PostHeaderIcon Second Life: Mitch Speaks. Again.

Like many of you, I follow blogs and news wherever Second Life is concerned. Most I find are often ridiculous riff-raff, 'wish I knew what I was talking-about' journalist report kind of stuff. The blogosphere runs the gambit from alarmist sensationalism  and dramatic rumor-mongering all the way up to serious, balanced and useful news reporting.

I like Wagner James Au's reports because he's pretty middle-of-the-road. However, most of his stuff is restricted to short bursts of information snippets like a 'what's happening' kind of thing.

My favorite regular read is Tateru Nino over at Massively. Her reporting is clean, concise and to the the point. In fact, I would consider Tateru's reports to be my regular source of news about Second Life and Linden Lab.

Then there' Mitch.

That would be Mitch Wagner, over at Information Week Magazine.
I've always liked Mitch's reports about Second Life because he's among the big pro reporters that speaks to the I.T. world about real life I.T. issues and news. And he's the only one, in my personal opinion, who reports matter-of-factly about Second Life and actually knows what he's talking about.

He's cut-back a lot on his reporting on Second Life. Unfortunate for me as I'm selfish that way. But he's released a new column. A big one. It's a long read. But well worth the time it takes to read it.

A wonderful close look at Linden Lab and the direction it is taking. Very insightful and interesting stuff. So, if you follow Linden Lab and Second Life 'news' - you absolutely must catch Mitch's current column on the "Second Act" of Second Life:
Mitch Wagner sez: "Kingdon must grapple with a number of problems: Making Second Life simple enough for most Internet users to get into it, improving stability of the very buggy service, streamlining the user interface, and dealing with a corporate culture that's often more interested in mystical vision than the hard job of running a business."

Source: Second Life Tries For A Second Act -- second life -- InformationWeek
blog comments powered by Disqus

Blackthorne™ ≠ inSL

Search This Blog

SL Grid Status

Mundane History