PostHeaderIcon Copybot and Prim Copiers-From the Horses Mouth

There are knee-jerk reactions all the time with regard to prim-copiers... and even copybot. As for copybot... (based on what I understand about it) it's clunky and difficult to use and really not all that reliable all the time with regard to making 'clean' copies.

As for prim copiers (a.k.a. prim duplicators) - I have one of these and use it all the time. There really are legitimate uses. I'll give you a perfect example: I create something and want to give it to Naoki to sell. I'm the creator and, as a matter of habit I also put comments in the description field of each object.

When I'm ready, I use my prim copier to copy the creation and 'convert' it to her name. She becomes the creator of my build and all the comments are changed on each prim, (it becomes her creation because I use a box I had her create, which is used to build the copy.)

But yet, the shrill shoutbacks are ear-splitting.
'It is better to deny everyone the use of a good tool, simply because it could be used for plagiarism.'

Well, that argument holds true for CD/DVD burners, VHS Video tapes, even iPod or other music players.

So - should we banish all CD/DVD recorders and punish everyone just because there are a handful (percentage-wise) of users that abuse the technology to steal?

Laurap Linden said what I've been saying all along:
blog comments powered by Disqus

Blackthorne™ ≠ inSL

Search This Blog

SL Grid Status

Mundane History